Layercake Hospitality limited, Company registration number – 10324886
Layercake Hospitality Limited is dedicated to protecting your personal information in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Layercake Hospitality LTD (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller – A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data – The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data – The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing – means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party – means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor are authorised to process personal data.
The Data Controller
Layercake Hospitality Ltd is the data controller for any personal information you supply to us in relation to enquiries about any of our services when registering as a client or candidate:
What we collect
Layercake Hospitality Limited we may collect your personal and sensitive personal data such as your name, address, date of birth, contact details, e-mail address and sensitive personal information obtained from your CV such as criminal convictions and ethnic origin.
What we use your information for
Please be assured we will only ever use the data you have supplied to help you obtain the best service for you. We also require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a Taylor made service that specifically meets your needs.
– Internal record-keeping.
– We may use the information to improve our services to you.
– To contact you via email, SMS or phone, about vacancies that we believe you may be interested in.
– Maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website as a client or candidate.
– To assess data about you against vacancies which we believe may be suitable for you.
– To send your information to clients for potential jobs or to assess suitability for the role. We will obtain verbal/written consent before presenting your details to a client.
– To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific roles or to subscribe to our job alerts which we believe may be of interest to you.
– Where you have consented, we will directly market products and services, and advice you of any updates to our services. Where we do so you will be able to unsubscribe at any time from receiving any further communications from us.
– We may periodically send promotional emails about new services, specials or other information (which we think you may find interesting) using the email address which you have provided).
– To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients.
– To third parties where we have retained them to provide services that we, you or our client have requested including references, qualifications and criminal references checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Layercake Hospitality.
– We may also release your personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so by law.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your data for as long as there is either a statutory requirement for us to do so or to be able to provide a service to you. This will usually require us to retain your personal data after any business relationship has ended for accounts and records purposes and to deal with any account support questions.
Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer date outside of the EEA
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Our services are all hosted from a data centre within the UK which is EEA which is ISO27001 certified.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Your rights to your information
You can object or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information at any time. This may affect the services we are able to supply you.
Where Layercake Hospitality is the data controller you are entitled to the following subject to some legal exemptions: –
– Request a copy of the personal information of which you are the data subject
– to have any inaccuracies corrected
– to have your personal data erased
– to place restrictions on us processing your data
– to object to processing
For more information on your rights please visit the ICO website
We do not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required to do so by law. We will seek your permission to submit a cv to a client. Layercake Hospitality acts as a recruitment agency and requires some details about you, so we can secure interviews and job offers
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018
If you would like a copy please submit your request in writing to: –
4 Arden House
Deepdale Business Park
If you have any questions about this policy or about your personal
information the please Layercake Hospitality in the first instance.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.